Stress that is not properly managed and resolved leads to tension, stiffness, detectable pain, or emptiness, and ensuing:
- Contraction of the affected energy meridians, with consequent expansion in others through compensation.
- Deranged circulation (excessive, deficient, or unsuitable) of vital force to the main energy centers.
- Derangement of the power of transformation.
- Derangement of the power of resistance and resiliency.
- Functional and structural disorders.
Please observe all your activities, with special attention to sensory input (thinking, hearing, touching, seeing, tasting, and smelling), and consider which can be:
- AVOIDED – stressors that can be eliminated entirely
- ALTERED – stressors that can be adjusted in frequency, duration, volume, location, etc
- ADAPTED – stressors to which we can oppose strategies to increase resilience
- ACCEPTED – stressors which cannot be avoided, altered, or adapted, but toward which we can change our attitude, thus reducing ensuing stress